Rss Feed
  1. Read-O-Rama TBR

    čtvrtek 25. června 2015

    I love summer because there are soooo many read-a-thons (which means tons of reading done! YAY!). Currently I am participating in Summer Biannual Bibliothon and I am very satisfied with number of books I've read so far! So I hope I can do that well in the upcoming weak of Read-O-Rama!! (June, 28 - July, 4)

    As with Bibliothon, there are some challenges to help me choose the books. By the way, I don't know how I do that but no matter how much I read my TBR pile is still growing!

    ¨

    Challenges:
    1. Read 7 books - honestly, I don't know about that as my books are not really short. But I do want to read Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. This book is quite short and seems so interesting. I think LittleBookOwl was raving about it so I would really love to go through this book. It sounds mysterious and I caught myself enjoying mysteries very much! Also my friends on Goodreads wrote really good reviews on Living Dead Girl! (I will also read it in e-book form)
    2. A middle-grade novel
    You know that feeling when you start the series, you enjoy it pretty much but you just don't continue? Hah, sorry Percy Jackson - it's your case. So I thought I might give you another shot with The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. I think you all know what it's about. I have to say that I don't live in the US and where I live Rick Riordan is not that popular - that's why I am starting reading him in the age of 22. I might listen to it on audio book, it will depend on how much time I will have.
    3. A fantasy
    Okay, I love this challenge. I don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy a well-thought world with its own rules and magic. It's like a perfect vacation! So for this one I am going to continue with #shadowhuntersummer and read City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. I hope I can get through the Shadowhunter world this summer as I postponed reading those books for too long. And they are fairly enjoyable!
    4. Book with blue on the cover
    As I look on my TBR pile I see the books that are quite long and not really the easiest ones. So I need something light, funny, fluffy and quick. And as I read Anna and the French Kiss recently I know this challenge belongs to Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephenie Perkins. Honestly, I cannot wait to read this, I loved Ettiene so much! So I am looking forward to getting to know my new fictional boyfriend! But this cover is awful!
    5. Re-read
    What could I re-read? Huh... Of course it's going to be Harry Potter! As I read the Philosopher's Stone for Biannual Bibliothon I am going to continue with The Chamber of Secrets. As I've read Harry too many times I am going to listen to it when I work on my diploma thesis - so I don't "waste" time working as I still have to do something besides reading... bummer...
    6. R-A-M-A in the title/author
    Maybe it's a bit unbeliavable but I've never read anything by Jodi Picoult. And I've heard so much praise so I have this voice in my head that tells me I should do it. So, guys, let me listen to my inner voices and read Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer. It's quite a recent release so lots of booktubers speak about it these days. It's nice to know what people are talking about, right! I may start this one even before Read-O-Rama as my Bibliothon pile is almost gone and I have some more time.
    7. Read an e-book
    I love my e-book reader so the majority of my TBR is on my Pocketbook but I've chosen a book for this challenge and I hope to finish it! As I am currently reading Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson I want to continue with the Reckoners series. Sanderson is so good. I cannot even describe how much I love him - that man... that man... Whoa! Just! Don't! Have! Words! So Firefight is my last book to read during Read-O-Rama!
    So guys! I cannot wait to continue with read-a-thoning and I hope that I don't burn myself out with reading (as after Read-O-Rama there's #AYearAThon and 3 weeks of readathoning is soooo crazy!). I love the support of the other participants because sometimes I feel I cannot push myself reading but debating and sprinting keeps me focused! See you soon!

  2. 0 komentářů:

    Okomentovat